Wednesday 26 February 2014

Cheer on Some Spring!

I'm HOPING that this spring-like card will spur on some happy thoughts and spring-like behaviour. (I don't think the weather is ready to co-operate yet)!
I tried some sponging on a MS stencil. I LIKE it! Fast and easy. Years and years and years ago, I used to stencil onto fabric, etc. I never thought I would be doing it again, but I like this easy new version. Bonus:your card is lighter in weight if you want it to be.
I painted the magnolias with inks and then fussy-cut them. There is glimmer mist on the flowers but the photo doesn't show it. I also spritzed the stencilled area with water but you can't tell that either! LOL!
I HOPE your heart is lighter after seeing the spring colours. I know it perked me up. Thanks for stopping by. ((((Hugs)))) to anyone who needs one.

PS: go to djkardkreations if you want a more regular pick-me-up! Darnell keeps you chuckling while reading her blog. She delights you with her designs as she fractures English to make you laugh.

Materials:
Stamps: sentiment and flowers "Magnolia" by Flourishes
Inks: TH spun sugar, victorian velvet, shabby shutters, peeled paint, broken china, dusty concord, crushed olive, wild honey.
CS: SU whisper white, yellow scrap framing the sentiment.
Other stuff: sponges, MS stencil, paint brushes, doily, scissors, water mister, glimmer mist, tape gun.

Challenges:
Fusion #5: http://fusioncardchallenge.blogspot.ca/
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Paste http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Sister Act: Anything Goes http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.ca/



9 comments:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful card! And yes-- it did indeed make me think of Spring, despite the gloomy gray clouds that are looking down on me. I was really stunned by the attention to detail you included, especially the fussy-cutting of the flower. It must've taken some patience, but the result is really striking. I also liked the colors you used in the background and the way they blend so nicely into one another. The sentiment is the perfect accompaniment to your images. Wonderful project and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty rainbow stencil...love the gorgeous flower stamp...lots of really nice fussy-cutting on this card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so late catching up on my visits, sorry, and then there was a mention of ME! I almost missed it! Thank you, Debbie, that was very sweet of you! Your card is so beautiful! You did a great job on the stenciling and coloring. It's a truly lovely card to showcase that truly inspiring sediment!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blooms & FAB stencilling! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card with a lovely sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are indeed a breath of fresh air...hopefully spring isn't too far off :) Love your coloring and design on this...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! This is quite a compliment coming from you, Lee-Anne. I really would like to think of a way to case your latest creation! I've been thinking about it all evening.

      Delete
  7. How feminine and lovely! Elegant. I love what you did with the MS stencil and the colors are wonderful! Your image is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete